Simple precautions to prevent melanoma
Did you realise that winter sun is still dangerous? Even when it is cloudy there is Ultraviolet light that can damage skin?
You should do your bit to help prevent melanoma – even in winter – by wearing an ultra light daily SPF 50 sunscreen (such as from La Roche Posay) on your face and neck.
To prevent the chance of melanoma and pigmented naevi, you should
- reduce your amount of ultraviolet light exposure
- avoid peak sunlight hours
- use sunscreen when the sun is most intense
- be careful not to correspondingly increase the UVA exposure
- always wear hats and clothing to shield from intense light