Language: English EN
Book a Consultation Book Now

Should I have a Squamous Cell Carcinoma Exam? You don’t need to see a doctor to conduct an amateur squamous cell carcinoma exam. You need to examine your skin on a regular basis. If you have any concerns, you should see your general practitioner or a dermatologist.
You should be looking out for new lesions on your skin. Particularly on the face, behind the ears, the nose, the neck, the backs of the hands and the fronts of the legs.  It can also occur on your back if you have had a lot of sun exposure. Many people do not have another person to look at their back. For that reason, you should also ask your general practitioner or a dermatologist to check your back for any lesions, if you do not know what they are.  Even if you have someone to look at the lesion on your back and you do not know what it is you should see a dermatologist for a professional squamous cell carcinoma exam. That just makes plain, good common sense.
Lesions that are new, increasing in size, or are changing in appearance. Which do not heal as expected and form a recurrent scab, could be a Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
You can also try and prevent Squamous Cell Carcinoma by reducing your ultraviolet exposure.


Book a Consultation Book Now