Miss Jane Olver
BSc, MBBS, DO, FRCS, FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Oculoplastic (Eyelid) & Lacrimal Specialist
Ms Olver is the Founder and Medical Director of Clinica. She is an enthusiastic ophthalmologist caring for many patients requiring general, oculoplastic and lacrimal surgery. She specialises in cosmetic and functional blepharoplasty, ptosis and chalazion surgery. She has over twenty five year’s clinical oculoplastic experience as an Oculoplastic Specialist. She also carries out aesthetic treatments including hyaluronate gel treatment of the under eye are for tear trough hollowing.
Ms Olver also sees all ophthalmic patients with general and urgent eye problems.
After her career in the NHS where she ran the Oculoplastic Service at Imperial College NHS Trust, Ms Olver founded Clinica in 2010 and became the full time Medical Director in 2014. She is passionate about Clinica, which was created with the aim to provide exceptionally high quality, rapid access, private ophthalmology and dermatology care for children and adults, by top London medical Consultant specialists, in spacious and calm surroundings in an elegant Harley Street house.
She has brought together top Ophthalmic Consultants specialising in the front of the eye and ocular surface, glaucoma, children’s eyes, and medical and surgical retina, and top Medical Dermatology Consultant specialists with a wide experience of both child and adult medical and surgical dermatology.
She created the Urgent Eye Care service at Clinica, where patients with acute and general eye problems can be seen urgently by an experienced Consultant ophthalmic specialist. Urgent Eye Care is supported by the Retina Care service with five Ophthalmic retinal specialists who manage acute and progressive retinal conditions, both medically and surgically.
Miss Olver co-founder of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS) in 2000. Ms Olver pioneered endoscopic endonasal lacrimal surgery for watering eyes in the UK and has lectured internationally on eyelid surgery, aesthetic rejuvenation of the eyes and face, and watering eyes.
She is the author of the book “Colour Atlas of lacrimal Surgery” and “Ophthalmology at a Glance”. She has completed a third medical text book on “Watering and Dry eyes, the medicine and surgery of lacrimal disorders”.
Miss Olver is a medicolegal (ML) expert and only takes ML instructions from Solicitors.
BASIC SELF PAY CONSULTATION FEES
Follow up: £200
International follow up: £250
Miss Olver sees patients as a fee assured consultant for all private medical insurance companies apart from AXA PPP, who are seen as self-paying patients.
Areas of Expertise
- Oculoplastic (eyelid)
- Ptosis surgery
- Eyelid skin cancer
- Watering eye (lacrimal) surgery
- Orbital biopsy
- Aesthetic eye rejuvenation
- Aesthetic tear trough treatment
- Dry eyes, Blepharitis
- Urgent Eye Care
- General Ophthalmology
Ms Olver graduated from St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in 1979 (MBBS, BSc). After her initial experience in Neurosurgery and Ophthalmology at the Brook General Hospital, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, St Thomas’s Hospital, Southampton Eye Hospital and University Hospital of Wales, she undertook training at Moorfields Eye Hospital. She gained the DO, FCOphth, FRCS, FRCOphth.
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, 1984-1994
- Clinical Registrar 1984-1988
- Research Fellow at the Institute of Ophthalmology and Moorfields Eye Hospital, on vascularisation of the eye and orbit 1988-1990
- Higher Surgical Training 1988-1990
- Specialist Surgical Fellowships 1992–1994
- Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Oculoplastic Adnexal Surgery
Miss Olver was awarded her Consultant Ophthalmology post at the Western Eye Hospital and Hillingdon Hospital in 1994. She was a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Oculoplastic Specialist at the Western Eye Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital from 1996 to 2014.
Miss Olver became a full time Ophthalmic Consultant at Clinica in 2014.
Achievements and Awards
- The Frances and Renee hock award for a Research Fellowship on vascular casting of the human eye vasculature in 1988 – 1990
- The Oxford Ophthalmological Congress Founders cup for “vascular casting of the optic nerve head in humans” 1989
- Co-Founder of the British OculoPlastic Surgery Society (BOPSS) with Brian Leatherbarrow and Richard Collin in 2000
- Founding executive secretary BOPSS 2001- 2005.
- International Society of Dacryology and Dry Eye (ISD&DE)
- Treasurer, Secretary of 2008-2014,
- President-elect 2017 – 2020,
- London ISD-DE Congress Organiser 2020 (cancelled due to COVID-19).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Royal Society of Medicine
- American Academy Ophthalmology
- American Society Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- European Society Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- British Society OculoPlastic Surgery BOPSS
- International Society of Dacryology and Dry Eye
Treatments and Procedures
- Eyelid reconstruction
- Eyelid skin cancer
Aesthetic Eye and Facial Rejuvenation
- BoT’M Toxin
- Hyaluronidase (HyloFix) reversal of hyaluronate gel
- Hyaluronate gel Restylane tear troughs (TearFill)
- Facial dermal fillers
- Restylane Skinboosters
- Restylane and Juvederm
- Sculptra (poly-L-lactic acid)
- Ultherapy non-surgical facelift
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction and Dry eyes
- Corneal Abrasions
- Red Eyes
- Flashes and Floaters
Lacrimal (Tearduct) Surgery
- Watering Eye Surgery
- Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy
- Congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction in children
- Acute dacryocystitis
- Lacrimal duct trauma
- Lacrimal Jones by-pass glass tubes
- Punctal plugs dry eyes