Miss Jane Olver
BSc, MBBS, DO, FRCS, FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Oculoplastic Eyelid & Lacrimal Specialist
Ms Olver is the Founder and Medical Director of Clinica London. After a twenty-year career in the NHS, she founded Clinica London with the aim of providing rapid access, high quality, private ophthalmology and dermatology by top consultant specialists.
Ms Olver pioneered endoscopic endonasal lacrimal surgery for watering eyes in the UK and she lectures internationally on eyelid surgery and watering eyes. She co-founded the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society. She is the author of the book “Colour Atlas of lacrimal Surgery” and “Ophthalmology at a Glance”.
She has extensive clinical experience in blepharoplasty and ptosis eyelid surgery and is an enthusiastic ophthalmologist caring for many patients with urgent eye problems, blepharitis, chalazion, and dry eyes.
Basic Self Pay Consultation
Follow up: £200
International follow up: £250
Jane Olver sees patients as a fee assured consultant for all private medical insurance companies apart from those insured with AXA PPP, who can only be seen as self-paying patients.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Dry eyes, Blepharitis
- Urgent Eye Care
- Chalazion Incision and Curettage
- Oculoplastic (Eyelid) surgery
- Lacrimal (Tearduct) surgery
- Aesthetic: Eyelid surgery, Ptosis, Blepharoplasty, anti-ageing facial rejuvenation
Ms Olver did her medical student training at St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School, qualifying in 1979 (MBBS, BSc), and her basic medical and surgical ophthalmology training was undertaken at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, St Thomas’s Hospital, London, Southampton Eye Hospital and University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. Following her basic ophthalmology training, she trained at Moorfields Eye Hospital 1984 – 1988 where she also did her research 1988 – 1990, and higher surgical training 1990 – 1992.
Ms Olver undertook two specialist Fellowships in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Oculoplastic Adnexal Surgery at Moorfields’ Eye Hospital, 1992 – 1994.
Achievements and Awards
- The Frances and Renee hock award for a Research Fellowship on vascular casting of the human eye vasculature in 1988 – 1990
- The Oxford Ophthalmological Congress Founders cup for “vascular casting of the optic nerve head in humans.” 1989
- Founding secretary of the British Oculoplastic surgery society in 2000 and BOPSS executive secretary between 2001 and 2005.
- International society of Dacryology and Dry Eye (ISD&DE) Treasurer, Secretary of 2008-2014, President-elect 2017 – 2020, London ISD-DE Congress Organiser 2020.
- Royal Society of Medicine
- AAO American Academy Ophthalmology
- ASOPRS American Society Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- ESOPRS European Society Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- BOPSS British Society Oculoplastic Surgery
- ISD-DE International Society of Dacryology and Dry Eye
Treatments and Procedures
- Red Eye Treatment
- Dry Eyes Treatment
- Corneal Abrasions
- Flashes and Floater
- Eyelid reconstruction
Lacrimal Tearduct Surgery
- Watering Eye Surgery
- Jones Tubes
- Punctal plugs dry eyes
Injection or Fillers and Anti-Wrinkle Treatment
- BoT’M Toxin
- HyloFix (Hyaluronidaise)
- Tearfill (Restylane)
- Restylane skinboosters