Dr Jennifer Crawley
MBChB, BSc (Hons), MRCP (Derm)
Dr Crawley is a medical and surgical specialist in both paediatric and adult dermatology. She sees general dermatology and skin cancer patients.
The combination of looking after child and adult skin patients makes her an exceptionally sought after dermatologist.
She is a Consultant Dermatologist at University College London Hospital (UCLH) where she leads the Paediatric Dermatology service and established the dedicated specialist psoriasis clinic and biologic treatment service at UCLH reflecting her clinical and research interest in severe skin conditions including psoriasis and atopic dermatitis (eczema).
As well as being a dedicated clinician, Dr Crawley has particular interests in research, teaching and leading audit projects which support her clinical work.
BASIC SELF PAY CONSULTATION FEES
Follow up £200
International Follow up £250
Dr Crawley sees patients as a fee assured consultant for all private medical insurance companies.
Areas of Expertise
Medical Dermatologist specialising in paediatric and adult medical and surgical dermatology:
- Red skin: Acne and rosacea
- Flaky skin lesions: seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Lumps and bumps, skin tags, seborrheic keratoses
- Mole checks, pigmented lesions and skin cancers
- Sun damaged skin and pre-malignant lesions
- Keloid scars
Dr Crawley carries out many minor surgical procedures at Clinica London including mole checks and biopsies. She does punch, incisional, excisional and shave biopsies, curettage removal of cysts and skin tags, diagnostic biopsy and excision of skin tumours, cryotherapy of keratotic skin lesions and injection of keloid scars.
- BSc Hons Cellular & Molecular Pathology, First Class Honours, University of Bristol
- 1999MBChB, University of Bristol 2002
- MRCP (London) 2006
- MRCP Dermatology 2009
Achievements and Awards
- Double trained and awarded qualification on general medicine and in dermatology,
- MRCP and MRCP Derm.
- Awarded First Class Honours BSc Hons in pathology.
- Lead Clinician for the paediatric dermatology service at UCH (University College Hospital).
- BAD British Association of Dermatologists
- BSMD British Society for Dermatology
- BSPD British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- IAD Irish Association of Dermatologists
Treatments and Procedures
As well as medical management of many general skin problems in children and adults, Dr Crawley carries out regular mole checks and biopsies if indicated.
Dr Crawley performs a range of surgical and non-surgical procedures, including surgical excision of melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma, incisional biopsies, shave excisions and curettage and cautery of skin tags, lumps and bumps, cryotherapy of benign seborrheic skin lesions, injection of keloid scars.
- Excision biopsy of pigmented lesions
- Biopsy of suspected skin cancer and pre-cancerous lesions
- Shave excision, cautery, cryotherapy of benign skin lesions including skin tags, actinic keratoses, skin cysts
- Intralesional steroid injection to keloid scars
- Intralesional steroid injection to acne scars
- Medical management of red or itchy skin: acne, rosacea, atopic eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis