Ms Laura Crawley
BSc (Hons), MB ChB (Hons) MRCP, FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
Cataract & Glaucoma Specialist
Ms Crawley is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Cataract and Glaucoma Specialist.
She is an exceedingly skilled and knowledgeable cataract and glaucoma surgeon. Patients with fading vision or unexplained eye ache will benefit from Ms Crawley’s clinical diagnostic and surgical skills.
She also consults for general ophthalmic problems including chalazion, blepharitis, dry eyes, red or sore eyes and with urgent eye problems.
Ms Crawley is one of the UK’s top glaucoma specialists and has earned a deserved reputation for managing narrow-angle glaucoma and complex cataract. She regularly lectures on glaucoma Nationally and Internationally and is active in clinical research and new surgical treatments. She has won prizes and published widely on glaucoma treatment. She specialises in minimally invasive & complex glaucoma surgery (MIGS).
Ms Crawley is passionate about ophthalmic medical education and glaucoma.
BASIC SELF PAY CONSULTATION FEES
Follow up £220
International Follow up £250
Ms Crawley sees patients as a fee assured consultant with all private medical insurance companies.
Areas of Expertise
- Primary open angle glaucoma
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)
- Complex cataract with glaucoma
- Intravitreal injections for complex glaucoma
- General ophthalmology
- Chalazion and blepharitis
- Uveitis and red eyes
- Urgent eye problems
- BSc(Hons) Cellular & Molecular Pathology, University of Bristol 1996
- MB ChB with Honours & Gold Medal University of Bristol 1999
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2002
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists London 2011
Achievements and Awards
- Alcon National Glaucoma Prize 2009
- Imperial College Ophthalmology Research Group medal 2011
- Treacher Collins Prize from Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2012
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists London
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians London
- European Glaucoma Society
- UK & Ireland Glaucoma Professionals’ Club
- The United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- European and UK Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- European Association for Vision & Eye Research
- Secretary Ophthalmology Section Royal Society Medicine
- Imperial College Ophthalmology Research Group
Treatments and Procedures
- Medical, laser & surgical Glaucoma Treatments including micro stents, trabeculectomy, and glaucoma tube drainage devices.
- For all patients including those with glaucoma who require a micro shunt at the same time.
- Red Eye Treatment
- Dry Eyes Treatment
- Corneal Abrasions
- Other Visual Problems