Kids & Teens Skin & Eyes
Our Facilities For Kids & Teens
The care of kids and teens eyes and skin forms an important part of Clinica London.
We have nine medical and surgical eye and skin consultant specialists who look after all children and adolescents, from birth to 18 years. And we continue looking after them into adulthood!
From arrival to going home, our friendly and experienced team of receptionists, doctors, nurses, orthoptists, plus the ophthalmic technician and optometrist are on hand to look after your child and teenager.
Our waiting room is calm, airy and relaxing. The toilets are just across the waiting room, with nappy changing facilities. We also cater to your teenagers who require a more adult approach. All the facilities have been thoughtfully designed to ensure that children and adolescents have a pleasant and safe experience.
For squints (strabismus), the Orthoptists measure your child’s vision and strabismus and support the specialist service with Ms Naz Raoof, the chief Paediatric Ophthalmologist. The Ophthalmic technician carries out highly specialised tests, loved by your children and adolescents. The optometrist does cycloplegic refractions, prescribes glasses magnifying aids, and does a low vision assessment and treatment clinic.
The Nurses and the Ophthalmic Technician are all brilliant with your children and teenagers and make them feel very welcomed and relaxed when doing their tests, putting in their eye drops or helping with their eye or skin treatment.
Our Child and Teens Specialists:
Kids & Teens Eyes
There are seven medical and surgical eye Consultants specialising in children’s vision, eyelids, eyes, cornea, retina, tear ducts, glasses, squint and visual development.
Kids & Teens Skin
We have two exceptionally gifted medical Dermatologists specialising in children’s and adolescents’ skin problems.
Kids and Teens is Growing at Clinica London
We are constantly collecting feedback from our patients who bring their kids and teenagers in to see us, in order to improve the care of these age groups. Our children’s eyes and skincare service is growing at Clinica London, please let your children grow with us, we would love to see them.
Please do not hesitate to contact us either to make a comment or book an appointment for your child or teenager, via Contact@clinicalondon.co.uk
Clinica London – Who we are:
The Clinica London team provide general, specialist and urgent paediatric and adolescent ophthalmology and dermatology services, covering all aspects of children’s and teenagers’ vision, eyes and skin problems. Children from birth to adulthood are welcomed.
Our Paediatric Ophthalmology Consultants treat childhood squint (strabismus) and vision development, myopia, watering eyes, chalazion, blepharitis, keratoconus, allergic conjunctivitis and many other children’s and teenager’s eye conditions. They are helped by our excellent Orthoptists and Optometrist.
Our Specialist Paediatric Dermatologists treat all children’s and teenagers’ skin problems including rosacea, acne, eczema and other allergic skin conditions, and skin lesions requiring biopsy.
We are nine exceptional Specialist Eye and Skin Consultants, along with four very approachable friendly Orthoptists and one Optometrist, who look after Children’s and Teenager’s eye and skin health:
- Ms Naz Raoof is our Lead paediatric Ophthalmologist and Neuro-ophthalmologist who sees children of all age groups for squints (strabismus), optic nerve problems, refractive errors and visual development. She sees babies at birth until they reach young adulthood.
- Mr Sajjad Ahmad is the top ocular surface and external eye corneal surgeon for children, teenagers and young adults from age 10 years and upwards who have an allergy, blepharitis, chalazion, allergic eye disease, keratoconus and other corneal diseases. He does corneal cross-linking (CXL) of teenagers and young adults with keratoconus.
- Professor Michel Michaelides is an internationally respected and highly skilled Professor of inherited retinal diseases, such as retinitis pigmentosa, cone dystrophies and hundreds of other inherited retinal problems, from birth to young adulthood. He is an expert in Genetic Eye Diseases.
- Ms Jane Olver is a specialist eyelid oculoplastic surgeon treating blepharitis, chalazion, orbital, eyelid ptosis and tear duct (lacrimal) problems in children and adolescents, of all ages, from birth upwards.
- Ms Esther Posner is the Medical Retinal Specialist Ophthalmic Consultant who sees children aged 12 years and upwards for diabetic retina screening.
- Ms Evgenia Anikina is a retinal specialist who sees children with ocular emergencies and retinopathy of prematurity screening (ROP) from birth, and children with more routine eye and retinal problems from the age of 12 years.
- Dr Jennifer Crawley and Dr Angela Tewari are both Medical Dermatologists specialising in children’s medical and surgical skin problems for children of all ages, especially teenagers with spots (acne), skin allergy, and suspected moles. They both see children of all ages, including babies and teens.
- Orthoptists: Mr Joe McQuillan, Mr Greg Richardson, Mr Vijay Tailor and Miss Gina Harris. They all measure children’s vision and how the two eyes work together and treat lazy eyes (amblyopia).
- Optometrist: Ms Hannah Dunbar. She does cycloplegic refractions in children of all age groups and Low Vision assessment and treatment in children aged 4 years and above.
- Ophthalmic: Mr Julian Robins is a skilled and experienced consultant eye surgeon who specialises in the care of patients (adults and children) with blurred vision, especially conditions of the retina, macula, and complications of lens (cataract) surgery.
We all belong to the Clinica London Team and want you to bring your baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult to see us if they have any medical eye of skin problem. Our mission is to help children’s and teenagers’ vision develop optimally and for their skin to be healthy and glowing as they grow up to be healthy, beautiful adults.