Clinica London’s COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated Nov 2020 – We will remain fully open for essential medical care with rapid access for consultations, treatments and surgery.
To book your appointment please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Reception on 020 7935 7990
Covid-19 Safety at Clinica London
Clinica London is a dedicated private ophthalmic and dermatology clinic for children, teenagers and adults. We are fully open for face to face clinical consultations, treatments and surgeries and also provides video consultations.
We have in place COVID-19 response safety measures for your safe-guarding, which ensure social distancing and cleanliness. All staff are tested weekly for COVID-19.
We ask you to consult the Government website for their latest coronavirus advice for your safety, https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
If you have any concerns about attending the clinic in person, please discuss with Reception the option of a video consultation. Video consultations are recognised by all private medical insurance companies or are self-paying.
We have carefully followed the recommendations by Public Health England, which are equally applicable to private medical clinics, and prior to our return to work we carried out a Clinica London Workplace Risk Assessment for coronavirus.
Clinica London and why you can attend safely
- Our staff are tested weekly for Covid-19
- The clinic environment is spacious with large rooms on two and a half floors, giving ample room for social distancing of 2 meters
- We have a small team of multi-disciplinary ophthalmology and dermatology consultant specialists
- We provide a personalised service for each patient
- The staff are all supplied with PPE and wear masks, scrubs and gloves
- All the staff have their temperature checked daily
- We do not have sick patients or staff within the clinic.
- Unlike a busy NHS Hospital, we have only a small number of people at a time in the building.
We aim to reduce the risk of transmission of coronavirus within the clinic and the community. We aim to ensure your safety and comfort when you visit us. Our COVID-19 Clinic Safety Policy is updated regularly.
Guidance for your Clinica London visit:
- We screen everyone who attends the clinic and do not see unwell patients at 140 Harley Street
- Patients and staff have their temperature measured and recorded on arrival
- Patients from aged 7 years should wear face masks in the clinic please unless there is a medical contraindication
- We have video monitored door entry so that all patients entering the building can be identified, buzzed in and ushered directly up to the clinic
- The reception on the Mezzanine floor where patients are first greeted maintains at a 3 meters distance between the receptionist and patient
- There is signage to remind patients of social distancing alcoholic gel stations in all rooms for hands
- Appointment times are spaced out to minimise the number of patients in the building at any one time
- Patients are asked to arrive on time for their appointment, so as to minimise the time spent in the clinic
- The number of companions per patient is limited to a maximum of one. However, both parents of a child may attend. The translator can attend in addition to one relative
- We encourage relatives, friends and drivers to wait outside of the premises whilst the patient is being seem
- We do not offer hot drinks in the waiting room, water is available at all times
Video Consultation Option:
- Hybrid Consultation: Where patients are at high risk because of diabetes or other non-COVID-19 medical conditions we can limit their physical time in the clinic by carrying out a hybrid consultation where the tests are done face to face with the ophthalmic technician and a video consultation is held with the consultant to discuss the results. Please advise us if you require a hybrid consultation
- Video consultation: We offer video-consultationsfor patients who are self-isolating and cannot attend the clinic in person
Your Safety at Clinica:
- We carry out a meticulous cleaning regime throughout each day. This ensures our clinic environment including all surfaces and equipment are cleaned with disposable detergent wipes regularly and between each use and that waste is disposed of in a timely manner
- All staff wash their hands thoroughly, or use sanitizing hand gel, on arrival and when leaving the clinic
- All staff wash their hands thoroughly between each consultation and also frequently within each consultation
- All our clinical staff have access to appropriate personal protective equipment including wearing of masks, aprons, eye goggles and gloves
- All our staff are COVID-19 tested weekly
- All ophthalmic diagnostic tests and minor local anaesthetic surgery are carried out on-site, ensuring that the patient remains in a safe environment
“Look after your eyes, skin and health at Clinica London”
Warm regards from The Clinica London team